An eclectic mix of dance floor fillers, tried and tested pop remixes and huge vocal hits.
Inspired by long, hot summer days, this mix is the perfect accompaniment to the start of your weekend and night out. From the mellow beats of Ace Of Base and Toto to the hands-in-the-air latin percussion of a 00s Almighty mix.
The recent passing of Ibiza stalwart Robert Miles I couldn’t help but include the original version of ‘One & One’. When thinking of his tracks, most DJs reach for ‘Children,’ and whilst it is an exceptional track – I even included as part of the instrumental to a recent mash-up I included in this podcast – the former is undoubtedly one of the most recognisable Dream House productions on the plant and helped put Trance on the map in the mid-90s.
After a mellow, yet uplifting start to the set, this mix takes a faster pace, with big synths in the form of some hard to find remixes, most of which aren’t available to stream or buy.
There’s a couple of Steps tracks thrown in for good measure, the first of which is a beautifully crafted track and reminded me a bit of ‘Cafe Del Mar’ – not a lot, but a bit 😉
Hear this and more, tonight, 13th May 2017 at New York New York, Manchester in my set, 8pm to 4am.
- All That She Wants – Ace of Base
- Africa – Toto
- Paradise Lost (Glam As You Mix) – Steps
- One & One – Robert Miles
- [Mash Up] Carly Rae Jepsen, Bruno Mars, Ne Yo and friends…
- That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars
- Number One In Heaven (Almighty Mix) – Nemesis
- Most Precious Love (Freemasons Mix) – Blaze feat. Barbara Tucker
- Somebody New (Seamus Haji Mix) – Jakwob feat. Tiffani Juno
- Push The Feeling (Freemasons Bootleg) – Nightcrawlers
- Fine Day – Johnny F feat. Nona
- Glitter & Gold (Glam As You Mix) – Steps
- One Nite Man (7th heaven Mix) – Mai Tai
- Some Kinda Rush (7th heaven Mix) – Booty Luv
- U Touch Me (Almighty Mix) – Dawnay
- Oye (Pablo Fores Mix) – Emilio Estefan Jr & Gloria Estefan
- Wishing (Almighty Mix) – Lee West
- Shopping (Almighty Mix) – Supersister
- Club Lonely (Almighty Mix) – Sam Ellis
- Ecuador – Sash!