The UK’s most influential and prominent Gay Pride event of the year, Pride in London is a celebration of diversity and love. Its message is simple; if you feel different, don’t hide it, don’t be ashamed of it, embrace it. As long as it doesn’t harm anyone else then you’re doing nothing wrong.
I’ve had this mix-set planned for several weeks, but only recently finalised the playlist. Whilst spinning it I couldn’t help but think of each time I’d heard and danced to each track in a gay club with my friends. And then I realised how lucky I was to be able to experience that.
There are people all over the world that aren’t able to show affection to the people they love, and those who aren’t even able to love at all. Recent world events, specifically those in Orlando, have reminded us that there’s now more reasons than ever to attend a Gay Pride event.
People try divide us, we come together. People try to persecute us, we come together. The fight for equality is far from over.
Whoever you are, whatever you are, don’t be afraid to express yourself in any way you want.
On Saturday June 25th at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern in London there will be a special London Pride event with music solely dedicated to Almighty Records, including a live P.A. from Belle Lawrence.
Known the world over for their colourful interpretations of popular pop hits and NRG covers, Almighty productions are very much a favourite of subscribers of The Mr Blue Lips Podcast so it was only fitting to dedicate an entire mix-set to their productions.
In 1984 the band Bronski Beat released ‘Why?’ and the lyrics can be interpreted as one mans struggle to understand why he isn’t able to show love for another man. I thought it was fitting to include it here. There are three Almighty mixes of the track (at my last count) but it’s the most recent ‘Essential Mix’ that I’ve included.
This is probably one of the biggest mix sets I’ve ever made, and probably one of the most enjoyable to make. A full range of tracks and genre’s has been included, from the legendary ‘Never Ending Story’ (the first track ever to be released on the label) to the illusive S Club remixes.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of Almighty productions – there’s literally hundreds to choose from – but here’s a selection of the cream of the crop. I’m sure there’s more that could have been included and if there is, maybe a ‘Part 2’ could be on the cards, who knows…
This mix-set is fast paced, energetic and crammed with 31 classic Almighty productions and remixes – 37 if you don’t count the medley as one track! Either way it’s the most tracks to ever feature on a single episode of this Podcast and it’s been made to a very high quality.
It’s a sensational journey of hands-in-the-air summer dance music.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
Happy Pride <3
Facebook: Mr Blue Lips
Follow @MrBlueLips on Twitter.
Track listing with iTunes and Apple Music links (where available):
- Relight My Fire (Almighty Anthem Mix) – Dan Hartman
- Whenever Wherever (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Belle Lawrence
- Get Over You (Almighty Pop’d Up Mix) – Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Searchin’ (I Gotta Find A Man) (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Hazell Dean
- Your Disco Needs You (Almighty Mix) – Kylie
- In The Evening (Almighty Anthem Mix) – Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Fantasy Island (Almighty Mix) – Tight Fit
- It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Natalie Browne
- To Deserve You (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Deja Vu feat. Tasmin
- Never Ending Story (Mr Blue Lips Almighty Mash-Mix) – Obsession
- Natural (Almighty Mix) – S Club 7
- Bring The House Down (Almighty Mix) – S Club 7
- You’re My Number One (Almighty Mix) – S Club 7
- One Step Closer (Almighty Jelly & Cream Mix) – S Club Juniors
- Reach (Almighty Mix) – S Club 7
- You (Almighty Mix) – S Club 7
- Fool No More (Almighty Mix) – S Club 8
- Sundown (Almighty Mix) – S Club 8
- The Way To Your Love (Almighty Mix) – Hear’Say
- With Every Heartbeat (Almighty Anthem Mix) – Belle Lawrence
- Ego (Almighty Mix) – The Saturdays
- Why? (Almighty Essential Mix) – Jimmy Somerville
- Say Hello Wave Goodbye (Almighty Mix) – Soft Cell
- Billie Piper Almighty Medley – Day & Night, Honey To The Bee, Something Deep Inside ,Girlfriend, Because We Want To, Walk Of Life, She Wants You.
- How To Save A Life (Almighty Anthem Mix) – Belle Lawrence
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Belle Lawrence
- Circles Round The Moon (Almighty Pop’d Up Mix) – Geri Halliwell
- Affirmation (Almighty Mix) – Savage Garden
- It’s Raining Men (Almighty Definitive Millennium Mix) – Weather Girls
- I Want That Man (Almighty Mix) – Debbie Harry
- Life On Mars (Almighty Mix) – Obsession