Once again I take to the decks at Manchester’s Party Palace, New York, New York. This bank holiday Saturday 15th April is expected to be one awesome night. It’s Easter weekend and who needs a better excuse to party?!
I love DJing here -they love a bit of handbag – I can’t wait.
The last time I DJ’d a Saturday at the New York, it was awesome, probably one of the best nights I’ve ever done. This time we’ll start the night camp and disco-tactic, later moving onto some chart and club anthems.
Here’s a DJ set to start the night off with. It’s packed with uplifting, sing along hits and dance floor fillers – one of the biggest I’ve ever done – with a whopping 30 tracks, it’s one big ultimate pop party!
‘Gonna Get Along Without You Now’ by Viola Wills is such a beautiful production – I don’t think I’ve ever included it in the podcast before now. It reminds me of a steelworks themed gay club I went to in Florida a couple of years ago. Almost everyone was wearing white vests tucked into stonewashed jeans dancing to 80s NRG. You couldn’t have tried to make the place any gayer if you tried. It was one of the best 80s nights I’ve ever been to.
Before Viola died, I was lucky enough to see her perform the track live in Manchester’s Cruz 101 night club. I remember my friend had imported some extra-strength poppers from Canada. I was off my box! It was such an brilliant night.
Another podcast debut goes to Ms Sophie Ellis-Bextor with ‘Murder On the Dance Floor.’ The track is quite hard to mix in, especially as there aren’t really any decent remixes of it. Here it is in all its handbag glory.
Oh, I included two songs twice in this mix by accident (again!). Sorry about it… I guess I got carried away.
Come down and say hi, if you ask nicely enough I might even play your favourite song.
If you can’t make it this Saturday, I’m booked to return to the New York club on Saturday 29th April – that’s in just a few weeks time.
I feel love.
- This Time I Know It’s For Real – Donna Summer
- Vogue – Madonna
- Body Rock – Maria Vidal
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston
- Step Back In Time – Kylie Minogue
- Le Freak – Chic
- Gonna Get Along Without you Now – Viola Wills
- Relight My Fire – Dan Hartman
- Funky Town – Lips Inc.
- Shake Your Body – The Jacksons
- Murder On The Dance Floor – Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Let’s Hear It For The Boy – Deniese Williams
- I Feel The Earth Move – Martika
- Can’t Get You Out Of My Head – Kylie Minogue
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston [again!]
- I Feel love – Donna Summer
- I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston
- Don’t Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix) – Madonna
- Atomic ’98 (Xenomania Mix) – Blondie
- Venus (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Obsession
- I’m Alive (The Wake Up Mix) – Celine Dion
- La Isla Bonita – Madonna
- It’s All Coming Back To Me Now (Almighty Definitive Mix) – Natalie Browne
- Up The Ladder To The Roof (Matt Pop Mix) – Supreme Voices
- I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston [again!]
- The Best Things In Life Are Free – Luther Vandross & Janet Jackson
- Finally – CeCe Peniston
- Together Again – Janet Jackson
- How Can I Love You More – M People
- The Love I Lost – Sybil