Getting the biggest responses, these are true crowd favourites. Sing-a-long and hands-in-the-air sounds of summer dance music.
This DJ mix set will certainly leave you feeling fresh, happy and elated. The third installment of the Ultimate Pop Party – you can get the rest by subscribing to the podcast.
Kicking the mix off is a T-Party style anthem – The Beginning Of Phoenix by Alicia Queen is a high-octane mix with angelic vocals. Some tracks have that ‘instant likeability’ to them, and this is certainly one of them.
Elastic Heart by The Weekend & Diplo is a mesmeric track and the vocals by Sia help you drift into a trance – it’s certainly one of my favourites, and I couldn’t help but include it in this mix.
The Starlab mix (AKA 7th Heaven) of Pandora’s Box by Newton is upbeat, catchy and certainly very ‘Almighty’ circa 2005. It’s been in this podcast before, and here’s an edited version of it.
You’re Beautiful by Almighty is an incredibly uplifting version of the James Blunt track and the Almighty Showgirls vocals are a very good match to Blunts. In fact, when the song was first released it suffered a lot of issues with licensing and certainly made me double-check they weren’t in fact his!
Part Time Lover by Ivelina is truly moreish, I literally can’t get enough of this track. As my current favourite track, it had to be included. Jasper Forks doesn’t remix very often, but when he does, he certainly does it well.
I Don’t Deserve You by Paul Van Dyk is very catchy. Wawa have made it so good that it would rival any David Guetta peak time anthem, notwithstanding the incredible vocal by Plumb.
Any pop party wouldn’t be complete without Miley’s We Can’t Stop. This track is one of the best of 2013, and the Mike Rizzo mix is sublime. The amount of feedback I’ve received about this mix is phenomenal.
I’ve included a bit of an Almighty medley. Save Tonight by Jackie ‘O’ is euphoric and certainly one for a peak time crowd, which fits in nicely with Affirmation by Savage Garden and Against All Odds by Deja Vu Feat Tasmin – Both of which are synth-favourites.
Dance floor dust never quite settles.
- The Beginning Of Phoenix – Alicia Queen
- Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) (Pet Shop Boys Mix) – Lady Gaga
- Elastic Heart (Steve Pitron & Max Sanna Mix) – Sia Feat. The Weeknd & Diplo
- Criminal (Cosmic Dawn Club Mix) – Britney Spears
- Morning After Dark (Moto Blanco Club Mix) – Timbaland
- Wrecking Ball (JRMX Mix) – Miley Cyrus
- Pandora’s Box (StarLab Club Mix) – Newton
- You’re Beautiful (Almighty 12″ Anthem Mix) – The Cover Girls
- You Keep Me Hangin’ On (Almighty 12″ Mix) – Hannah & Her Sisters
- Part Time Lover (Jasper Forks Extended Mix) – Ivelina
- Mysterious Times (7th Heaven Remix) – Sash!
- I Don’t Deserve You (Wawa Extended Mix) – Paul Van Dyk Ft. Plumb
- Take It Like a Man (7th Heaven Mix) – Cher
- We Can’t Stop (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Club Mix) – Miley Cyrus
- I Should’ve Followed You Home (7th Heaven Mix) – Agnetha Fältskog & Gary Barlow
- Sometimes When We Touch (7th Heaven Mix) – Newton
- Save Tonight (Almighty Club Mix) – Jackie ‘O’
- Affirmation (Almighty 12” Mix) – Savage Garden
- Against All Odds (Almighty 12″ Definitive Mix) – Deja Vu Feat. Tasmin
- Endless Road (Almighty 12″ Anthem Mix) – Systematik
- Charlene – Missing Heart
Thanks to Raymond Jones for helping choose the artwork model!